Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dust detector for vacuum cleaner application

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanur

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
anyone know about dirt or dust detector for vacuum cleaner application?
that can sense if there is a dirt or dust on floor...
could u advise me for it?

Re: dust sensor

IR sensor can be used.
you have to use optics.
the rx and tx will be put in such a way that they will see each other indirectly(signal will be reflected from the object) if dust exists, the particles will effect reflection, causing the signal not reach the rx.

ummm....so they placed below the vacuum cleaner, RX catch a reflection signal from the floor...
how it can be work on the specific concentration of dust or more than that specific concentration?...

you are not obliged to put it under it you can just put it anywhere and using wireless system send a signal to the brain of the vacuum cleaner simply.

The part you are asking about needs physics (optics).
you have to do some tests. The concentration of dust must effect the concentration of light reflected.
start your system and do tests. Need help just ask for it.

i don't know if you can use another concept which is:
put a small extremely sensitive strain guage which will sense the dust accumulated. According to the output you can know the ammount of dust.
Check sensors for its accuracy of measurement.
Need any help concerning circuits ( electronics microcontroller) let me know

sucking the dust on the floor...not on the air i think...
any sensor can detect for?...a group of dust or dirt...
not a dirt or dust....
so if the sensor sense a group of dirt it will activate a sucking motor...

dust sensor

It's a tough problem.

I can recommend this speciallized sensor forum (which I'm moderating): **broken link removed**.
You’ll have to formulate your question carefully. It’s a very knowledgeable, responsive and clean resource. Keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back