Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Signal condition circuit for K Type thermo couple

Status
Not open for further replies.

narithota

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai

Aim using K type thermocouple for temperature measurement its range is 0-1000degress.

0 Degree - 0.000milivolt
1 Degree - 0.039milivolt
500 Degree- 20.640milivolt
1000 Degree - 41.269milivolt

These values taken from K Type thermo couple data sheet.

How to convert this 0 – 41.269mv signal to 0 –5 v.

Please provide me signal condition circuit for K Type thermo couple.

Aim using 89C51 micro controller

Thank you

Regards
nari

Re: K Type thermo couple

Nari,

Take a look at these:

- App Note AN28 "Thermocouple Measurement" on the Linear technology web site https://www.linear.com
- App Note AN-369 "Thermocouple Signal Conditioning Using the AD594/AD595" on the Analog Dvices web site https://www.analog.com
- Maxim MAX6675 chip. Complete K-type thermocouple front end packaged with A/D converter. **broken link removed**

Best,
Nick

i am sending u hte tested circuit diagram of thermocouple......... i am also using it with the same MCS51 type microcontroller

hope it is helpful for u ........ if u have query then feel free toask

K Type thermo couple

i suggest you to using MAX6675, cause this IC is output the temperature using SPI comunication. you don't need the ADC. and the K type thermocouple output 41uV/C not mV. for the voltage converter you can use voltage divider.

hi

MAX6675 have in built 12 bit ADC.so resolution well be 0.25 Degree.

I want 1 degree resolution for the range of 0 t0 1000 degrees

regards

nari

K Type thermo couple

hi too, you can change the resolution by convert the bit, like if you using 10 bit then the resolution change into 1 degree

Status
Not open for further replies.