Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best way to design parallel coupled 12 Ghz filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biff44

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a need for designing some narrowband bandpass parallel coupled line filters on alumina. Last time I did this, I optimized them in Eagleware Genesys, and then simulated them in HFSS for a final tweak. They came out without the need to respin them.

I no longer have HFSS available. Rather than just buy or lease HFSS, is there a better filter simulation program out there now? Due to the schedule constraints, I do need to hit these right the first time. It is not good enough if they program is 3% off in frequency, for instance.

biff44 said:
I have a need for designing some narrowband bandpass parallel coupled line filters on alumina. Last time I did this, I optimized them in Eagleware Genesys, and then simulated them in HFSS for a final tweak. They came out without the need to respin them.

I no longer have HFSS available. Rather than just buy or lease HFSS, is there a better filter simulation program out there now? Due to the schedule constraints, I do need to hit these right the first time. It is not good enough if they program is 3% off in frequency, for instance.

In the past I did the
"homegrown synthesis" (my stuff at RFdude.com based on MYJ, and some papers)
-> eagleware -> sonnet.

I always had pretty decent luck with sonnet (and eagleware's EMPOWER if I had time to wait for the simulations).

I wonder though if you will be able to hold 3% across material thickness and Dk variations. I have to admit I only deal with pretty lousy materials with the stuff I work on, but even with decent materials this might be a problem.

Good luck!
Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back