Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FSM using min hardware very urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

f2003588

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Output is asserted 1 if
pattern 101 is detected in last 4 inputs.

Eg: I/P 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 0
O/P 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1

i am done with the state diagram(7 states ) n using D-Flip Flops...but for giving the inputs to the DFF's i got 3 equations ..as i hav to use min harware i am planning to implement the equations using PLA(programmable logic array) r PAL...but i hav to write verilog code for the above design n test it....

WILL IT BE POSSIBLE TO WRITE VERILOG CODE FOR THE PLA R PAL I USE r is there any other way i can reduce the hardware (for the input equations of DFF's)

plzz respond its very urgent
thnx in advance

One common method is to translate your state machine into a 'case' statement, and then let the synthesizer software do the tedious logic minimization. It's usually very good at doing that.

Or, since you already have the three equations, you can simply put them into your Verilog, and the synthesizer software should automatically minimize them for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back