Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to synthesize lumped model from s-param of inductor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_bihan

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which software can most conveniently do this and small?

the flow is generate touchstone file from HFSS, and then translate it into lumped model.

thanks,

this is a huge area of research... which often leads to a phd work
so you would not find any easy to use software.

you may like to search inductor modelling on IEEE

CST MWS has can extract spice model from the S parameters

You can also try EMtoSPICE from **broken link removed**

Not sure if S Parameter data alone is sufficient to fit curves. I think one needs more measured data like ESR.. Check out the MTT; I can look something up, if you want.

Hi:

There are quite some tools can convert s-parameters into RLC or SPICE netlist in a wide frequency band. However, none of them can guarantee the RLC are always positive or the SPICE netlist to be of passive components only. It seems impossible to avoid negative RLC or active devices inside the SPICE net list. If possible, I do suggest people try to perform time transient analysis directly from s-parameters without converting them to RLC or control sources. It should avoid the problems involved in negative RLC or control sources in the SPICE netlist. The MDSPICE from ZELAND can perform time transient analysis directly from s-parameters and it can also convert s-parameters into RLC with perfect matching in a wide frequency range. I am from Zeland. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back