Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are delay models and what are differences between them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vreddy

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
delay model?

can anyone help me out wat are delay models & difference between them??

wat is wire load model?

thnaks,
in advance

Re: delay model?

Hi,
Wire load model is based on the parasitics of interconects, it is calculated for unit length of interconect. The parasitics are then derived based on its actual length, and delays are calculated from the parasitics. The Wire load model varies for different technology, and also on the thickness of interconect used in routing.

delay model (or) Wire load model as it can be called is useful in estimating the net delays.
Delay models consisits of Lookup tables where in you have satisitical arrangement of Resisitance values for corresponding net fanout and capacitence values for corresponding net fanout.
wire load model also consisits of net fanout v/s area.

thanks roy & satya??

on roy's discussion wire load& delay model are one & the same........correct me if am i wrong..

Wire Load Model is a set of tables:
netfanout v/s load
netfanout v/s resistance
netfaout v/s area.
These WLM are simple table look up models which
calculates load(capacitence),resistance, area, based on fanout.i.e., for a value of fanout we will have statistical values for reistance and load.
So timing tool will assume R and C based on Wire Load Model (WLM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back