Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help mimo Vs. BER MATLAB code

Status
Not open for further replies.

honhungoc

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mimo matlab

I'm looking for the mimo matlabcode simulation

Anyone here pls help me

Regard,

mimo simulation

look at this adress may be it is usefull!
u can find mfils there!

**broken link removed**

mimo matlab code

Hi,

I m working on MIMO stuff, there is not a single MATLAB code that is generic and u can use it for your work. I can bet on this.

Please tell me what application and what scenario you are looking for?

If you are looking for a generic matlab code for MIMO then belive me you are wasting your time.

There is some code avaialabe from Prof. Nihar Jindal web site, Uni of Minnesotta (I hope I spelled correctly), but that is purly for his own papers and his own work and its not general.

I hope you got my point.

BR,

Arif Khan

Please press helped me !!!!

matlab mimo

what i need is the mimo simulation that shows the increasing in capacity when using siso, simo, miso and mimo...

Reactions: satece

satece

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
mimo simulation matlab

Hi;

what i need is the mimo simulation that shows the increasing in capacity when using siso, simo, miso and mimo...

Here is attached my personal matlab files (remember capmimo is capmimo.m file, put .m bcz EDA does not allow the .m extension) for the capacity comparison and a tutorial report i wrtoe in the beginning, i did this when i started working on MIMO. I hope this will give u some help. If you need some more help, please let me know.

I will recommend you to go through the book "Introduction to space time wireless communications" By Arogyasawami Paulraj et al, I have gone thorugh and have many MIMO related books with me, but the top three, I recommend are as follows.

No. 1 I already mentioned Paulraj's book.

No. 2, Wireless Communications by Andrea Goldsmith, but be careful the e-copy available on EDA board is evaluation copy and some concepts are not explained as they are explained in original hard copy that was printed by cambridge press in 2005.

No. 3, Fundamentals of Wireless Communications by David Tse and P. Viswanath, this is an excellent reference as well.

Please press helped me !!! this will help me.

Arif Khan

mimo in matlab

Hi,

I hope this time u will find the code. No sorry , what shud i do ?

Added after 2 minutes:

No no, i dont know i cant attach my m file, so i m just copying it here. what u can do is just copy this in an empty new m file in ur matlab editor. Ok , i hope u got what i m saying.

here is the code

clear all
clc
%Shannon capacity
snr=0;
for i = 1:10
snr = snr +2;
c=(log(1+10^(snr/10)))/log(2);
x(i)=snr;
y(i)=c;
end
figure
plot(x,y,'-','LineWidth',1.5)
hold on

% capacity of MIMO Link with NR=2, NT=2
NR=2;
rand('state',456321)
snr=0;
for i=1:100;
snr=snr+2;
for j=1:10000;
c(j)=(NR*log(1+(10^(snr/10))*abs(normrnd(0,1)))/log(2));
end
yy(i)=mean(c);
xx(i)=snr;
end
plot(xx,yy,':','LineWidth',1.5)

% capacity of MIMO Link with NR=3, NT=3
NR=3;
rand('state',456321)
snr=0;
snr=snr+2;
end
yy(i)=mean(c);
xx(i)=snr;
end
plot(xx,yy,'-.','LineWidth',1.5)

% capacity of MIMO Link with NR=4, NT=4
NR=4;
rand('state',456321)
snr=0;
snr=snr+2;
end
yy(i)=mean(c);
xx(i)=snr;
end
plot(xx,yy,'--','LineWidth',1.5)
xlabel('SNR(dB)')
ylabel('Capacity (bit/s/Hz)')
grid on
legend('Shannon Capacity','MIMO, NT=NR=2','MIMO, NT=NR=3','MIMO, NT=NR=4',2)
title('MIMO Capacity')
print -deps -tiff -r300 capmimo
>>

Dont forget to press helped me !!!!

Arif Khan

matlab code for mimo

Can you show me where i can find the soft copy of "Introduction to space time wireless communications"?

If u hv, can you upload?

Thank u so much

mimo for lte matlab

Hi,

I requested here for this book but still can not get any positive response. I have hard copy of this book, but i have no time to scan it right now, if i could not get the soft copy then i will scan and will send.

BR,

Arif Khan

matlab program for mimo radar

Hi,

I am looking for a simple case mimo simulation.
I need the simulation of the receiveing antenas, but somehow to be shown the decision on the received trace the superposition of the others.

PS: i'm new with matlab pls include how to start the simulation.

desperately Thanks :) i really need this simulation
Have a nice day,
Magda

mimo using matlab

Iam searching matlab code on the concept of '' Reducing computational complexity of receiver algorithms(Zero forcing, MMSE, SIC and Sphere decoding) through Precoded OFDM (use Matrix before OFDM modulation) over WLAN application''

Can anyone pls help me ......

mimo coding in matlab

hi
Im looking for matlab code of MIMO .Modulate OFDM before Transmitting in MIMO system.can any body help........
arif rahman

mimo capacity matlab

Hi
I was looking for some code which I can use to plot the BER vs Eb/No (SNR) and compare the performance between a system with 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 and so on.

I´m trying to do it only with the SVD values of a channel matrix H but i don't see any enhancement of the performance in the system

I hope I explained correctly and I hope you can help me
Thanks

matlab mimo simulation

Hi,sir you are a person who frequently upload the various codes (MATLAB) for us junior students. So I thought I might request you for a personal favour. Sir, I am a student of UG at NUST and wanted some help for my project. Actually as part of my thesis project i am supposed to do following tasks for any wireless system (ofdma preferably)

1)snr v.s. outage probability

5) No of users v.s rate sum capacity.

I was hoping that you can help me in any regard like sending me the MATLAB code or refering a paper where these things are described (i.e. how to calculate them) . Former part is more helpful.
I shall be greatful
Regards

Added after 3 minutes:

Hi,sir you are a person who frequently upload the various codes (MATLAB) for us junior students. So I thought I might request you for a personal favour. Sir, I am a student of UG at NUST and wanted some help for my project. Actually as part of my thesis project i am supposed to do following tasks for any wireless system (ofdma preferably)

1)snr v.s. outage probability

5) No of users v.s rate sum capacity.

I was hoping that you can help me in any regard like sending me the MATLAB code or refering a paper where these things are described (i.e. how to calculate them) . Former part is more helpful.
I shall be greatful
Regards

mimo+capacity+matlab

can anyone help for precoded OFDM. because for general OFDM structure i have worked out.

mimo student matlab projects

please I want to start implementing MIMO in LTE on matlab so I want a name of a book (easier than LTE standard) to read it
thanks in advance

simo matlab code

Thanks Arif, its really helpful..
can you please help out with code which shows affect of distance between array elements on the capacity, ie variation of capacity with interelement spacing..

thnks in advance

Btw i clicked "helped me" tab also.. ;-)

nihar jindal matlab

Hi people

I have a question about MIMO matlab code but maybe is a off Topic, let's see.

First of all, Arif and honhungoc, I have the book of "Introduction to space time wireless communications", so if you are interested in a concret chapter tell me and i can scan it.

Second, I'm making my thesis about MIMO channels.

In a brief I take a SISO transmission and only with the SNR I should tell you how good will be this transmission if we use MIMO instead of SISO.

I also wrote a channel generator with only the matrix correlation factor desired and number of antenas as a parameter (no geometrical information).

As several papers told, is supose that higher correlation in the channel lower gain in the communication....but in my case I'm no seeing this and I don''t know why.

I obtain several different correlated channels, but when I caculate the gain is always more or less the same, don't care about the correlation factor :(

The function to generate the the desired correlated channel is the next one:
Code:
function result = Rayleigh_Ch(Corr_param,N, n_samples)
%Corr_param=Correlation parameter desired between 0 and 1
%N=Number of correlated variables (ex: in a 4×4 channel matrix
%N=4×4=16)

n_t=sqrt(N);
n_r=sqrt(N);
Wrayl=zeros(n_t,n_r,n_samples);
RaylValue=zeros(n_t,n_r);
rayl_param=sqrt(2/pi);

%Matrix Initialization
V_Complex=zeros(N,n_samples);
W=zeros(N,n_samples);
%%%%
%% STEP 1: NORMALIZE THIS MATRIX TO CREATE THE NORMALIZED COVARIANCE MATRIX
%% OF RAYLEIGH SAMPLES
%%%%
Kg=Corr_param*ones(N,N);
for pos_diag=1:1:N
Kr(pos_diag,pos_diag)=1;
end

%%%%
%% STEP 2: GENERATE N UNCORRELATED COMPLEX GAUSSIAN SAMPLES IN VECTOR V,
%% THEN DETERMINE THE COLORING MATRIX L AND GENERATE THE COMPLEX GAUSSIAN
%% SAMPLES USIN W=L*V
%%%%

%obtaining the coloring matrix
[L,P,U]=lu(Kg);

%GENERATE N UNCORRELATED COMPLEX GAUSSIAN SAMPLES IN VECTOR V

for sample=1:1:n_samples
%generate correlated complex Gaussian samples using W=L*V
V_Complex(:,sample)=sqrt(0.5)*randn(N,1)+1i*sqrt(0.5)*randn(N,1);
W(:,sample)=L*V_Complex(:,sample);
end
Wgauss=reshape(W,1,N*n_samples);

%%%%
%% STEP 3: Create the desired Rayleigh envelopes
%%%%
Wrayl=abs(real(Wgauss))+1j*(imag(Wgauss));
Wrayl=reshape(Wrayl,4,4,n_samples); %every sample is a rayleigh fadding channel matrix

result=Wrayl;
end %end of the function
Hope you can help me with this.

Thank you in advance

mimo simulation using matlab

Hi people!

I am from Brazil!

I am student and am in last semester of college.

My final work is about MIMO in LTE (simple MATLAB simulation). I do not understand very well.

I really need some form of work and some simple MATLAB simulation about MIMO (if possible explained).

someone heeeelp me please?

Desperately thanks!
I really need this simulation ..

hugs
[/b]

matlab mimo code

Hi...

Thanks for the help friend! I had seen this link. But still not quite understand the codes.

if possible. you have something else to help me?

thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.