Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a Java Virtual Machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqas85

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
any one who comprehensively know about jvm tell me please

Re: what is jvm

I guess it stands for Java Virtual Machine.

Arif Khan

please press helped me !!!

Java Virtual Machine is abstarction of hardware plateform.If we write Java program it can run on JVM.So we can install JVM on any hardware and run java program on that hardware.so Java is easliy portsable language.No need to write program for special hardare just write fro JVM(Generic)

JVM stands for Java Virtual Machine .When you write a program in a programming language like C , your prgram passes through different processes till it is translatedinto binary code that is directly executable by the machine .This code although fast yet is highly machine dependant (works only on certain uprocessors) and depends on the OS you use as it calls some of its API routines .Java on the other hand, doesn't translate your program into binary code but into intermediate code called byte code that doesn't depend on your machine .This code requires a program ( the JVM) to run .So, you can run java programs on any machine and any OS given that the JVM is installed on this machine .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back