Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on Delta-Delta transformer... pls advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

powersys

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Say the primary of the 3-phase delta-delta transformer is connected to 3-phase 415V supply. If the turn-ratio is 1-1, do u think there is any current (with significant value) in the secondary delta loop when no-load is connected to the secondary? Pls advise. Thanks.

10_1174306987.gif

Hi,
I think if there is no load connected and transformer is 1:1 with both delta windings, there will be only very small amount of leakage current in the secondary. Even though there is EM induction in the secondary.
I hope this is correct, yes i guess so.

BR,

Arif Khan

Plz press helped me.

powersys

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
mkhan said:
Hi,
I think if there is no load connected and transformer is 1:1 with both delta windings, there will be only very small amount of leakage current in the secondary. Even though there is EM induction in the secondary.
I hope this is correct, yes i guess so.
I have the same thought as yours. I tested the configuration few days ago. Even the primary line-line voltage is very low (around 10Vrms), the current flowing in the secondary winding almost reached the rated value with no load connected to the secondary. Would u pls advise why such a high current in the 2nd winding? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.