Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS-Wave Port and lumped port assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

edata

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I couldn't understand how to determine a waveport's or a lumped port's direction.
Can anyone experienced in this tool give me detailed information?
I know it should be from lowest to highest voltage. But don't know the direction of the arrow represents which field? or where to assign it? I'm very confused.

Thanks and best regards..

I'm not an expert on this but I do use HFSS quite a lot... most of my ports are really "simple" for microstrip, stripline, coaxial stuff.

There is a really good port tutorial document out there, either on the ansoft CD or on the support website -- have a good look at that if you haven't already.

-Lance

This might help
**broken link removed**

Hi

There are no good and bad way to define a port. You should choose one direction and phases of S parameters will be referenced to this direction. For an example, if you are analising multiport microstrip circuit use the same orientation for all ports, it doesn't matter if it is directed up or down as long as all of the ports have the same direction. If you chande the orientation of one port, the phases of transmission S parameters from this port to all other should change 180deg, the phase of reflection of this port should change 360deg=0deg.

Hope this helps

flyhigh

As for either 'Wave port' or 'Lumped port', both reference conductor and signal conductor are required. Calibration/impedance line of ports should be directed from the reference to signal conductors. Note, each port have a reference conductor.

in single mode excitation, the direction of integration line should be in the direction of E field pattern of the dominant mode, and in case of multi-mode excitation, the direction of integration line for each mode, should be in the direction of E field pattern of the respective mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back