Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16 bit microcontrollet

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal_stalin

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I want to learn a 16 bit microcontroller.
Which one will u suggest me as a basic model to kick of with.

thanks
Shekar

vedantam said:
u can start with hitachi h8/3664 series micon and the datasheet is available on www.renesas.com

many, many for U ! TI: MSP430Fxxxx, . . . . .
It belong to yourself ! Good luck for U !

what u want to learn exactly??
programming a 16 bit MCU or
16 bit MCU architecture???

Why Don't you start with the DSPIC ?

you may scrounge a renesas starter kit for free.

see my posting

I have a good experience with Microchip PIC24 and dsPIC family. It's easy to learn, GNU based C compiler, cheap ICD 2 programmer/hardware debugger, free TCP/IP stack.

micro 80196 have 16 bit

Satart With TI MSP430F2X Family.

Ti Have lot of Examples.

EZdebug only $20.then you can develope code any 2X family device.

Use IAR Free 30 days Eval version.

Regards
Senthil

u'd start with 8 bit MCU c51

Hitachi controller H8/3694, u can start but the controller is old, it is better to start with something like 51 series using keil software.

Try PIC24, if you need DSP feature try dsPIC. There are Microchip 16 Bit Design contest now, sponsored by C.Cellar n Microchip. For who got the free sample kit, they can buy the ICD2+28 pin starter board for just $99, normal price is about $240.

just skip the 16 bit stuff and go to a 32 bit arm chip. futurlec sells a nice little arm7 board for under $25. Their pic and atmega and 8051 boards cost more. And you can downlaod a complete gnu toolset for it.

8096 core microcontrolers are good microcontrollers of 16 bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back