Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LABVIEW and GUI development?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UroBoros

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai

Apart from VI's for instrumentation and similer purposes, do you think LABVIEW can be used to develop a Windows GUI for a PIC programer?

clearly

Labview seems to be (I have only started reading and learning) an inevitable tool for a development engineer and for that matter any scientific enterprise engages in electronics. So my enquiry is weather this (Labview) can be used to develop an application to control a MCU programer. Like for Example ICPROG. requirements will be reading hexfile ,decoding, clipping and sending via USB or serial port and receiving. To do this I have to play with a lot of troublesome (for me:D) functions in C# or C++. But as I understand by reading, Labview may be having many user friendly modules for our purpose because it is meant for this purpose basically(ASCII,biary, Hex conversions plus USB or serial interfaces) unlike a C# compiler.

Will Labview be a single solution for all (or rather common) PC interfaces a MCU driven device may require?

If not where a C# or C++ compiler comes into requirement for a labview user?

thanks for reading

picstudent

Hi,
You can use LabVIEW to send date through serial port via VISA and Serial Drivers. As this is graphical programming, it will give developer a easy understanding of programming.

Few are facing problems in USB accessing via LabVIEW. However Control IN, Control OUT like functions are available along with VISA. Follow
https://digital.ni.com/worldwide/bwcontent.nsf/web/all/63A0C78EF6083ACF86256E92004DC0DF to get introduced with USB VISA Accessing.

LabVIEW has functions, by which you can convert your data to HEX, Binary or ASCII. Just browse net.

UroBoros

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.