Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about frequency dependent FDTD methods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasmon

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plasmon fdtd

hi, dear feiends,
any suggestion about about frequency dependent FDTD methods? text book, software, and related materials will be appreciated!

plamon

optifdtd metamaterial

I am also interested in this topic.
Any guru share any experience?

Thanks
Div

exactly what is meant by frequency dependent fdtd method? Material properties are frequency dependent (dispersive)?

here, I mean permitivity and permubility are all frequency d

here, I mean the materials permitivity and permubility are all frequency dependent. is there any codes or softwares for this problem?

loucy said:
exactly what is meant by frequency dependent fdtd method? Material properties are frequency dependent (dispersive)?

I don't think "frequency dependent FDTD method" is a standard or commonly used term.

Check out XFDTD and OptiFDTD. They can handle dispersive media through some simple/standard model of the dispersive relation.

Visit www.aplac.com and download student version of program, it has Finite Difference Time Domain method for solving electromagnetic problems.

the problem

the problem is: these commercial software only deal with the ability of a material to resist the formation of an electric field within it, they don't take into account the magnetic effect. who have the experience? thank!

Are you people sure that CST cannot handle this? I think it has the ability to simulate complex materials.

Your question is again not very clear to me. If relative permeability not equal to 1, do we have magnetic effect?

If you are trying to handle some "really" complex material (condensed plasma? left-handed media?), then I guess few commercial tool will be helpful.

Right, it is worthwhile to check out the Microwave Studio or the MAFIA. They evolved from some early research on high energy phsyics (?), so I guess they might be helpful to your specific problem.

hi, loucy,

as for left-handed media, what software do you think better?

Thanks a lot

loucy said:
Your question is again not very clear to me. If relative permeability not equal to 1, do we have magnetic effect?

If you are trying to handle some "really" complex material (condensed plasma? left-handed media?), then I guess few commercial tool will be helpful.

Right, it is worthwhile to check out the Microwave Studio or the MAFIA. They evolved from some early research on high energy phsyics (?), so I guess they might be helpful to your specific problem.

Femlab can be used for left-handed media. I know of no other commercial EM tool that can handle that.

hi, loucy,

have you used it? how is it?

loucy said:
Femlab can be used for left-handed media. I know of no other commercial EM tool that can handle that.

Eirp has offered many comments on Femlab in this forum. You can search for his/her posts.

In short, it is like a powered PDE toolbox for matlab, it offers you more controls than many other EM tools, and it is very useful for research or education. It uses finite element method, though, not FDTD.

I will do it, thank you.

j'ai telechargé ce logiciel mais ca ne marche pas sur ma machine avec win2000,pouvez vous me répondre :?: :wink:
]

Hi there,

You can find very good description about frequency dependent FDTD in general (and in particular for left-handed materials) in the articles of Prof. Ziolkowski.

Good luck

go and download optifdtd v4 full version this software help you

Re: the problem

As far as i know there is nothing likr frequency FDTD etc. There is a complete resource for FDTD available on Internet . www. fdtd.org

plasmon said:
the problem is: these commercial software only deal with the ability of a material to resist the formation of an electric field within it, they don't take into account the magnetic effect. who have the experience? thank!

I think if mue≠1 then all softwares take into consideration the corresponding effect on the Maxwel equation depending upon their techniques to handle it.

The pioneers of metamaterials Bendy, Smith except veslago (who actually gave the idea of metamaterials are using FemLab but u can get same results with CST.

For CST there is a very good article by Kong its published in PIER/JEMWA for optimizing CST for metamateirals

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back