Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Determining values of two 741 Op-amp resistors for inverting signal without gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnfin

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do I determine what values the 2 equal resistors should be for inverting a signal without gain. Also, should the ground of the 741 also have a resistor. I have seen some examples where that is called R3 and is equivilant to the parallel resistance of r1&r2.

741 Op-amp resistors

I read the article and that section. Very crypic and not easy to inderstand. I could not find a starting point for a 1:1 inverting signal. I guess I could start with two 1K resistors.

Re: 741 Op-amp resistors

I think you can use 1k and 1k, 10k and 10k - to - 100k and 100k.
Bye!!!

Resistor selection depends upon your requirement. The formulas are avail which are used to find the value of resistence.

741 Op-amp resistors

Easiest way to choose is vakues whihc do not draw much current.

You must make sure that the assumptions of opamp (high i/p impedance) is followed.

Click on "Helped me" button if I helped you.

The formulas are easy r2/r1 BUT knowing what they do is the problem. For plain inversion of the signal you want two of the same values for r1 and r2. Why use a resistor at all if the value will be 1. My signal is a 10ma modified square wave and I have tried two 1K resistors, and the output signal is not an inversion of the input signal. Also used r3(gnd) with a value of the parallel resistance of r1&r2 per the 741 spec sheet.

741 Op-amp resistors

A voltage follower can be BOTH inverting AND noninverting...

Have a go through Floyd...

741 Op-amp resistors

what are you trying to do? in general a 741 sucks at pretty much everything, the only real use i've ever found for them is when i needed a transistor level model since this is available for the 741

741 Op-amp resistors

That is true.. there are better and cheaper variants of 741

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back