Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Asking about Teflon and equivalent material

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkd

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I want to buy the d5880(Duroid) ( Dk=2.2, Dt = 20 mil)
But the company suggest me to buy NY9220ST0508CHCH (Neltec SA France) instead ( Dk. 2.20, Dt. 20mil, 1/2oz b/s )
The price is cheaper ( a hafl) .
Doewa anyone have experience about this kind of thing. Can the NY9220ST0508CHCH replace the d5880 ??
Thank you for your time and your help

The problems you might encounter fall in 3 categories:

1) Dielectric loss. You can check the manufacturer's data sheet, which should be accurate.

2) Variations in manufacturing. Is this a big house, does a lot of board material? If so it should be ok.

3) Metal peal strength. Teflon is hard to stick to! Some houses can stick the copper better to the teflon than other houses. Take a sample of the board, make some small squares, heat the board up to soldering temperature with an iron and see if the pads lift right off. Compare that to the duroid you normally use. You need good metal adhesion nowadays as the pads are getting smaller every day!

Thank you for your answering.
I intend to work with antenna with Teflon or NY9220ST0508CHCH .So does Teflon or NY9220ST0508CHCH have the same property in electromagnetics field. Does anyone try it ??
Thank you for your time and your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back