Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Layout: DRC error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_mad

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
drc italian gui

Hi all,

During DRC, there is this message.
Error message: min density of Poly2 area 30%

What does it mean?
Do I need to put more Poly2 in my layout.

Please advice.

-no_mad

dummy drc

no_mad said:
Hi all,

During DRC, there is this message.
Error message: min density of Poly2 area 30%

What does it mean?
Do I need to put more Poly2 in my layout.

Please advice.

-no_mad

if u r still having your layout in the lower hierarchy, no need to put dummy poly2 yet. u may put the dummy poly2 in the topmost hierarchy, as the mimimum density rule states.

density error layout

All foundries require minimum density for some layers like POLY, METAL since the if there is not enough metal density or poly density, the whole chip profile will be ruptured and device may be finally collapsed if the die size is large.

Hi,

Run calibrerun -gui and select tiling to generate dummies....

A+

gafsos

Hi gafsos,

I've tried using ur solution. But when I run my calibre i can't see any option for tiling.

FYI, I'm using Mentor's IC Flow. Is it documented in caliber user manuals??

Please advice
Thanks in advance,
-no_mad

Poly is not enough in the layout. Min seems to be 30%. Check whether u can fill dummy poly. some layouts dummy should not me put.

Hi,

In the unix window, launch the calibrerun interface by typing the command calibrerun -gui &
The following window will open (see attachement1) You can select either of these options to launch the corresponding checks. Here is presented the dummies generation.
To perform the tiling generation, select "Run Calibre Tiling" option and type OK. You can notice that the sign-off verification has no effect in the dummies generation: It only concerns DRC, LVS and antenna checks that are mandatory before the design approval.
Then, the following windows open (see attachement2).
This is the usual Calibre environment: 1st, one has to select the different options required (to personnalize the dummies generation.). The default customization is adviced. Please notice that the same window can be obtained by typing the command: calibrerun -tiling & .
Once the differents fields are filled, the application can be run and the output file TILES.gds2 is generated by default (can be changed in output field).
Finally, when the dummies generation is performed, the GDS file with dummies can be found in the Run directory (by default, ./tilingRunDir).

Which that's clear now

Gafsos

no_mad

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Why not add by hand? it's just a simple task and you can take care yourself where to add extra dummy. dont' rely on machine and tools so often.
Lets back to the basics

Hi,

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.

I know it is a simple and an easy task to add extra dummy by hand. It just sometimes I want to let the tool fix it for me :).

Well we spend so much money to buy the software. Why not we make full use of it? ;)

-no_mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back