Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect IR circuit to PIC16F788A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijindran

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai..i developed infra red circuit ready..but how to connect it to microcontroller..i'm using PIC16f788A..

Re: infra red

All you need to do is connect the I.R to any port of PIC MCU and program the mcu to read data from I.R depending on which type of I.R you are using sony, phillips, etc.

i'm bit confused..i built the IR to my robot as obstacle avoidness.. the emitter send sidnal and will reflect and will detect by the recevier..so how i have to connect it now?

You have the tx part ( infrared) and the receiver part (infrared receiver)
you have to give a signal to the infrared tx. if the turning on of the tx you want it to be controlled by the pic then, it has to be connected to the pic as output. if not ( make always on) no need to connect it to the pic.
As for the receiver it has to be an input to the pic so that the voltage will be measured.
Specify the components used so that i may be more useful
good luck

vijindran

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Can you please tell me what component are you using its better to use an Ir decoder module but more complicated and expensive because you need to modulate the transmitter with a 38Khz signal. An alternative was a phototransistor and ir emitter but it is limited in distance covered.

I'll try to send you a diagram upon your reply.

infra red

Show us the circuit.. without that we have no idea what you are talking about.

Hello,
What i supposed before answering u is that u want to transmit your data through IR to other end and for that pupose u used any of the osscillator like 555timer or anyother to generate a frequency of 35 to around 40khz and then connect the o/p to the IR LED. what u have to do to tranmit ur data just connect your controller serial transmit pin to the reset of the oscillator so that whenever the data comes at the oscillator end its ouput becomes zero and it transmit your data at that frequency.. i hope its a solution of your problem.
Naail

infra red

first of all bring the output of the IR circuit to logical levels of 0 and VCC, then feed it to the controller.

so just do some threshholding using schmit trigger

another way is just connect a ADC which would make the job simple

vijindran

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.