Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Layout Matching Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryusgnal

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
81_1172544333.JPG

Base on note above, current should run in same direction. Is this still matter if I do multifinger and common centroid layout?

Of course, it does matter. Because the above rule is one of many rules that you should satisfy to have a good matching. Common centroid is in addition to the above rule and it is for eliminating first-order temprature and process variation across the wafer.

OpAmp

OpAmp said:
Of course, it does matter. Because the above rule is one of many rules that you should satisfy to have a good matching. Common centroid is in addition to the above rule and it is for eliminating first-order temprature and process variation across the wafer.

OpAmp

81_1172550564.JPG

If I want to arrange my differential pair transistor as above, I have to discontinue the active for each block. Because if i don't do that, the current will flow in opposite direction each other. Am I Right?

Added after 2 minutes:

hung_wai_ming(at)hotmail.com said:
Can u post the whole lecture here?

another layout matching technique is network layout matching. but it is more complicated.

wonbef said:
another layout matching technique is network layout matching. but it is more complicated.

Dear wonbef,
Do you have any notes about network layout matching? I'm interested to know about it.

in the analog layout matching is very important
so thank you

Check the following for analog layout matching docs

I would prefer adding a dummy polt in between the "improved" version to improve profiling between the diffusion. also able to complete the diffusion ends with sharp changes from diffusion. I would also add dummy magnet-like POLY to improve POLY end mis-matches.

Can u explain what rules to be followed to obtain good matching like current for matched transistors should be in same direction and adding dummies.

Added after 1 minutes:

Also what is the reason behind the need for the current to be in the same direction?

hung_wai_ming(at)hotmail.com said:
I would also add dummy magnet-like POLY to improve POLY end mis-matches.

Can you explain more about dummy magnet?

hi ryusgnal - please read post on "Matching Layout Techniques" about dummy transistor...but if hung_wai_ming can explain further the magnet-like poly the better.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back