Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best programming language for Microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollingEEE

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which one is the most suitable programming language for microcontrollers: Basic, C, C++ or Assembly. Please state your opinion along with links of free compilers and IDEs

RollingEEE said:
Which one is the most suitable programming language for microcontrollers: Basic, C, C++ or Assembly. Please state your opinion along with links of free compilers and IDEs

C would be the best i guess..............................in terms of ease of use .... assembly is way harder to code and debug......... using high level libraray assembly is a different thing,though :-s

what ab8 basic or c++... any1 ??

RollingEEE

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
C is a good choice but if you want to get most out of the chip assembler is the way to go !. More difficult but very good for understanding microcontrollers.

RollingEEE

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
C is a good choice , but if your hardware needs real-time processing you are better of with assembly and machine coding..

C is the language suitable for Microcontrollers considering the features of a high level language.

C++ has some over heads, which will increase the size of the code, even though for programmer C++ maey be more advantagious.

Regarding the links for free tools, can suggest only if your microcontroller is known as each compiler is specific for each microcontroller family.

What about Mikroc?
what is real time processing

MikroC, You can combine Assembler and C together, good capabilities, support, and free for codes up to 2K in size. Also have portable capabilities to run from USB memory stick without installation, and you can use it on any PC.:wink:

MPLAB C language is better

Is ccs is better than Mikroc?

Is ccs is better than Mikroc?

I dont think so.

MPLAB C language is better

Install MPLab and MikroC on PC and work in both, time will show up results. :smile:

Better see and try all, look around, ask existing users, even this thread will help you, then make choice.

But generaly its bad to be like kid in style "my bike is better then yours", or like adults "My car is only good and best car, and only that manufacturer is best others are bad....", maybe for something you will use one tool, and for something else you will use different tool.

When people polarize their thinking, there is no good decisions. Better is to be open and objective.

:wink:

Last edited:
No i want to know can every language do every task?
i want to know what is rich language that can use for complete Microcontroller projects

Hi-Tech and IAR are pro, full ANSI compliant, and are good but I think MikroC have good capabilities with good support of libraries, good aproach for beginners, and you can make what you want in this compiler in ranges of your knowledge. Hi-Tech is not easy for beginners.

Last edited:

Hi-Tech C is better in MPLAB

In my opinion a good compiler is the one friendly with the architecture. Like having libraries for the peripherals, taking the architecture limitations into account while compiling code etc... Also it should have good benchmarks with compiled code. C won't be the best choice for every task. For timing issues and other critical things one can use inline assembler and the compiler should also support this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back