Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial transmission of data

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipinms_85

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all.. i need ur help for doing my project 'SECURE WIERLESS COMMUNICATION'
i did the encryption and decryption of parallel data. i want to convert this encrypted parallel data 2 serial and transmit this to the destination (Decryption side). Please send me ur sugestions

use single wire communication i.e, using single wire send baud rate ,no of bits , parity and data this will be the best .i trying for the same thats y i am suggesting u
--pradeep--

Tks for replay ... But my project is wireless... so finally i ve convert it to wireless transmission.. so there ll be a major pblm Clock Synchronization......

Hi,

For clock syncronisation, you could use 'manchester encoding'. There's plenty of info on that on google :D

As for implementation, a UART can send manchester encoded data easily, although you'll be halfing your bandwidth, because 1 data byte = two manchester encoded bytes. I blieve thers some code for a PIC microcontroller availabe on the web for that exact task. Changing the baud rate for your wireless system (what frequency modules you using?) should be easy, as its just a number.

Have a look at 'sparkfun.com', they have wireless modules which have onboard controllers. They will sort out the syncronisation for you, all you do is provide it with the data, serially, via UART or SPI. For a real easy solution, you can convert parllel data to SPI using a simple shift register (74hc595, or 74hc164). It'll still need 'controlling' buta microcontorller can easily do that, or just use a PC.

Hope this helps, more info please.

BuriedCode.

Status
Not open for further replies.