Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Commercial pipeline ADC without sample/hold (or track/hold)

Status
Not open for further replies.

analog_guru

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
adc without sh

Does any one know of a commercial Pipeline ADC without a dedicated S/H at its input?

Re: Commercial pipeline ADC without sample/hold (or track/ho

Most of the commerical ADC these days are without a dedicated SH amplifier. They use the capacitors to sample the input directly. Please check the Nordic products for your requirements.

With Regards
Sachin

Thanks but I could not find their detailed data sheets. Any idea on how I can get them?

Dear Analog_Guru

I checked the internet for Nordic Semiconductors. Their website is not working for some reasons. Anyway there is a paper by Nordic Engineers. Please try to get the following document:

A 97mW 110MS/s 12b Pipeline ADC Implemented in 0.18µm Digital CMOS

Authors: Anderson, Telsto, Hernes ....

In addition, please note that all ADC designers specify that they have a SH in their ADC. It doesn't mean that they have a amplifier dedicated for the SH function. It might be just Capacitor based SH circuit. I mean to say that just looking at the spec sheet will not make it clear whether there is a dedicated SH amp or not. These days the power requirements are stringent, along with requirement of high resolution. This makes removal of SH amp a good option. The main problem associated with no SH amplifier is the timing mismatch between the sampling instant of first MDAC and the flash ADC. If you plan to make your own design, pls model this effect properly and give special care to the layout design.

With Regards
Sachin

Status
Not open for further replies.