Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with installing Cadence SPW on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

phdang

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone.
This is my first post in this forum, I really need helps.

My system is AMD64 dual core 3000, 2GB RAM.

I try to install Cadence SPW 4.82 and 4.9 in Linux Fedora 6.
Already use trick setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1 with out any luck.
May be I still newbie with Linux.

Can anyone recommend any Linux OS for EDA tools, such as from Cadence and Synopsys? Or just point out the other thread to solve the compatibility?

Thanks in advance.

Cadence SPW on Linux

Problem solved!!!

It is common problem when installing Cadence software to updated kernel. In my case, I choose Scientific Linux 3.08, which is a free clone of RedHat Enterprise 3.x. This OS supports my SATA HDD. After that, with little trick in sortload, I finally can install SPW 4.82 in Linux.

Re: Cadence SPW on Linux

EDA Soft is very tricky, the package SPW may not not on your Linux OS

Re: Cadence SPW on Linux

Two or three packages are missing from the standard Linux distributions such as SUSE, Red Hat. Check the error messages in the SPW and find out which package is missing and try to find the rpm and install it.

Cadence SPW on Linux

Cadence doesn't work on the new 2.6 kernels, you need to trik it that you're using a 2.4 version kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.