Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital CNG( Compressed Natural Gas) Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeed_pk

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Alls,

I have to design a Digital CNG Meter for NGV( Natural Gas Vehicle), What i have is a traditional Guage having a needle the total pressure it measure is 400 bars.
i want to digitized it in a way that it will tell me how % fuel( Pressure)remaining i will use a micro controller a LCD Display and some sound generating IC.
please advise where from i should start
Can a traditional gauge be digitized or i have to use any other transducer/sensor

Please Advise ..

You will have to use pressure sensor possibly with some pressure reductor before it. If you want %fuel indication, you will probably need tank temperature as well. Ordinary pressure gauges are mechanical. Unless you want to convert mechanical motion of pressure indicator to electrical value, you can't use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back