Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Cadence.. urgent help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonzzan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do we find the model parameters of a particular design kit in cadence?
For example, what commands or menus should I choose to find the model parameters of TSMC 0.18 micron technology design kit?

Thanks for your help
YJ

You can see the model file path in the ADE environment .

Open ADE from the CIW ==) setup ==) Model Libraries once you knw the path you can go to Unix or Linux environment and see the file.

kumard35b said:
You can see the model file path in the ADE environment .

Open ADE from the CIW ==) setup ==) Model Libraries once you knw the path you can go to Unix or Linux environment and see the file.

when entering Model Library Setup window, you can select the model file, and click Edit File to check this file.

I do not understand what these codes mean.

Added after 32 minutes:

29_1171426452.jpg

these messages indicate the model file and used corner
mm018.scs is the model file, and section=tt is the specified section
you can look into this file through edit it

One more question...

How can I figure out Lambda an UCox...plz let me know....

Added after 6 minutes:

Hey Gingerjiang

gingerjiang said:
these messages indicate the model file and used corner
mm018.scs is the model file, and section=tt is the specified section
you can look into this file through edit it

The screen window I posted appeared by editting it like you said. I do not exactly know how I can look into the files. Plz ,, answer my question

Thanks

in my cadence version(5.1.4.1), i look into the model file through Edit File button, but your cadence edition is differ from mine, so i don't know if yours has this button or menu instruction
it's no matter, however, you can access to /opt/local/cadence/design_kits/TSMC/tsmc018/models and vi mm018.scs

about lambda, cox..., you can get the answers from the model file directly or indirectly
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.