Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Group Delay of the IF filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

leony

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wcdma bandwidth

Hello,
I've been designing a single stage receiver and my IF frequency is 350 Mhz. The IF filter I am using has a group delay of 1 µsec and the group delay variation is 85 nsec. Can you tell me is it a good performance or not? What is the criteria for selecting an IF filter (for the group delay)
Thanks...

A group delay ripple below 100ns is good for most of the commercial communication systems including WCDMA.
Is good to know that the group delay of a filter is proportional to its order and is inversely proportional to filter bandwidth (small percentage bandwidth filters have large group delay).

Check if the variation is acceptable in base band and also is the delay acceptable?
brm

Status
Not open for further replies.