Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS Home Appliances Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThesisProblematic

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone!

We are having our thesis right now. Our project is a SMS Home Appliances Controller. We will be using a PIC16F84A microcontroller and a Nokia 6210 cellphone. We will also use a Max232 IC.. We have learned that we should use AT commands in our program but we are not that familiar with it.

Do you have any resources that might help us in doing our thesis project???
We badly need it as soon as possible..

Any help will be highly appreciated!!!

Thank You very much!!!

PIC16F84A microcontroller and a Nokia 6210 cellphone. We will also use a Max232
mobile phones usually use inverted TTL RX/TX signals, so max232 is unnecessary

contact me for more details i can provide you help on your project my email add is space_abyss@yahoo.com. call me at +639175219753.
I have done one project of this kind, i tried to use a 6210 but with no luck maybe because i'm using a recon one but its better to use gsm module. it is available in the philippines the cost is more around 5500 pesos.

thanks for those who replied..

we cannot make the PC as the brain of our project because it has been done by former thesisgroups in our school. Our thesis is just a modification of the said project..Thanks anyway!!! We really appreciate your replies. Hope you'll send us more infos that would help us in our thesis..

Please take look at a long GSM-SMS Microcontroller Interface discussion here

ThesisProblematic said:
hi everyone!

We are having our thesis right now. Our project is a SMS Home Appliances Controller. We will be using a PIC16F84A microcontroller and a Nokia 6210 cellphone. We will also use a Max232 IC.. We have learned that we should use AT commands in our program but we are not that familiar with it.

Do you have any resources that might help us in doing our thesis project???
We badly need it as soon as possible..

Any help will be highly appreciated!!!

Thank You very much!!!

if we are going to use a nokia 6210, is max232 not necessary??
Yes, it not necessary. MAX232 is level converter from +/- 12V serial port levels to 0/+3..5V TTL level. Microcontroller already has such level, so converter not needed.

Better don't use PIC16F84A, take microcontroller with hardware serial port, interfacing will be much easier

Phone connector pinout :
**broken link removed**

GSM AT commands papers (can be helpful) :

Status
Not open for further replies.