Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Troubles with the HFSS 10 Again !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goher

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I really cant find the suitable words to thank you about your continuous support , that was is really very kind of you.

i found some confusing check boxes in the solution setup (under the eigenmode solution type) that i don't know if i should check them or leave them without checking, these check boxes are:

Π Converge on real frequency only
Π Do Lambda Refinement
Π Use free space lambda
Π Use low-order solution basis

I tried to read the user manual to figure out what those do but i found it confusing.

Would you please also give me some suggested values to set up those parameters if i need to simulate the following:

1- A simple Cylinder with 4cm radius and 2cm height that operates in the range of 1 GHz to 26 GHz.
2- A magnetron cavity that works in the range of 9 GHz to 30 GHz.

Thank you so much in advance for helping me again

Best Regards,
Goher
m_goher@yahoo.com

hi
about ur question 1
i think u dont undrstand how work eigenmod
i send u aexample of rectangular cavity from balanis electromagnetic book
and simulation of this example
solution in book
resonant frequncy=9.28Ghz & Q=7758
solution in HFSS
resonant frequncy=9.2707Ghz & Q=7777.9
this example can help u undrstanding eigenmod
note that the real part of frequency in eigenmod is resonant frequency and image part depend loss of matrial and determinant Q factor

i simulate a simple cylinder R=4cm & h=2cm and assume ur matrial is pec(perfect electrical conductive)
resonant frequncy(firstmode)=2.8642GHz and Q is not available becuse material is pec (without loss)
i send u 2 simulation and image of example in balanis in a zip file
excuse me my english is not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back