Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find Lambda value using simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usman Hai

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using 0.18um process. I need to find the value of Lamba (channel length modulation). Since Lamba = 1/Leff (d Xd/ d Vds)
where dXd/dVds = pclm as mentioned in BSIM3 manual. The problem is pclm is given in model files as 1.101 and Leff is 0.18u which gives Lamba as λ = 6.11 which seems incorrect. Can anyone please tell me whats wrong here?
and hows can we find the value of λ using simulation?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Lamba value?

i think for hand calculation you can simply use the parameter CLM in the SPICE parameter to determine lambda value. some more i doubt Leff is 0.18u for 0.18u process since Leff≠Ldrawn. if your drawn length is 0.18u so your Leff should be smaller. maybe i'm wrong. i'll check back later.

Lamba value?

Here is a very simple way to find it. take a MOS transistor. Set a proper VGS. Connect a DC supply between drain and source. Perform DC simulation in spice. then you have Ids vs Vds. you can simply calculate ro and lambda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back