Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simualtion of inductive coupling between two flat PCB coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

dargo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I would like to compute (simulate) the variation of the inductive coupling (or the mutual inductance) between two flat coils printed on a PCB versus the distance. The two coils have a 2.5µH value and the operating frequency is about 13MHz. Do you know if there is any software which may help me? I heard about sonnet, maxwell but it's quite confusing with me....
Could you help me?
Thanks a lot,
Dargo

Re: simualtion of inductive coupling between two flat PCB co

Sonnet lite which is a free download should be able to handle this.

as you have planar structure you should use the MoM based software. Sonnet and Momentum / ADS are proved to be best environments. Anyway I recently saw some 13.56MHz RFID projects running under CST as well.

rinox

Hello!
Thanks for your answers. A soon as my version of Sonnet Lite will be registred I will
try to compute the mutual inductance between my 2 coils. By the way, is it regular to wait for 2 weeks to have a registration with sonnet Lite?
I keep you post

Dargo

My sonnet lite registration came back within a few minutes. You might want to try again.

-Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back