Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delphi Vs Visual Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

brolija2dekan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
delphi vs c#

Hello, i am starting with Delphi programming, but i dont know who is better Delphi or Visual Basic, I choose good way if i starting with Delphi?

Delphi is good....much better than VB in performance. Its best part is it can produce stand-alone EXEs (no dependencies on Dlls like in case of VB- MSVBVM60.dll)

But there aren't much communities/resources on Delphi...for VB you'll find tonnes of tutorials and sample codes to do just anything you want.

I would choose Delphi over VB. It is based on Pascal which Borland have extended to make it an object orientated langauge. Quite powerful and a lightning fast compiler. But if you are starting, I would go for C#. Both Microsoft and Borland have a C# compiler. C# was developed by Anders Helsburg, (name spelling?) who also developed Delphi. It is a modern language that has elements of C++, Delphi, Perl, it has all the good bits from these and if you know c or c++, it is quite easy to pick up.

Delphi is almost like C++, in performance, but VB is very bad. Delphi can do menu things that is impossible in VB. Also there is a lot of free controls for delphi like TCOMPORT control which u can use to control COM port directly with very little software overhead.

Hi
Is it possible to use Activex controls on Delphi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back