Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to give the switch connection in ie3d?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbmanick

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all,

how to make a switch on and off in ie3d? some people gave wire proof for this. how to give this? because when we change the metal connection ( wire) size, results are getting varied. when we go for fabrication, we may use pin diode or other switches. even if we give the metal wire for this purpose we do not the exact size of the wire while doing simulation. guide me with proper procdure.

with thanks in advance,

KBMani

Hi, KBMani:

Please try to define a port to represent the diode. You can force the port to be on or off on IE3D/MODUA without re-simulating it. Please try to make the proximity of the port close to the wiring condition in reality. Regards.

dear jian,

i could not get any clear detail.can you send me any training doc? or else give me the step by step procedure.

with thanks,

kbmani

Hi, KBmani:

I assume you know how to simulate a probe-fed antenna on IE3D. Assume you have a probe fed antenna with a diode. What you should do is the following.

1. Build 2-ports to represent the probe-feed and the diode.
2. Simulate it.
3. On current distribution or radiation, you should specify the excitaiton for the 1st port or the one representing the probe-feed. For the 2nd port, you should specify no excitation, and an impedance to represent the on or off state. Then, your result is the case for your structure with the diode on or off.

Bset regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back