Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I program a 8085 using parallel port of a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsit1234

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anybody tell me if i can program a 8085 using parallel port of the computer in the way we can program an AVR microcontroller??I have to study 8085 in my course and i want to do at home at my PC as well.

Re: 8085

You cannot do that. The 8085 is a microprocessor and to run a program it needs some support integrated circuits, mainly some EPROM (ROM) to store a minimum monitor/operating system program and some RAM to store user program and variables. You can even program something via parallel port, but you need some interface circuit to store the code inside the memory chips. Check the pinout of microprocessors in general and you see that there are Control, Data and Address buses (just to access the external memory and interface ports).

The AVR microcontrollers (or any other microcontroller) can be programmed via a parallel/serial/USB port because they have all memory and I/O ports (and many peripherals) circuitry inside the same chip, so you don´t need to connect RAM and/or ROM chips to microcontroller work. When you check the microcontroller pinout, you see mainly I/O port pins.

thanks man:!:
So what can i do... Do u know of some emulator program for that??can u give me link to some freeware emulator of 8085??

Added after 10 minutes:

Got it
**broken link removed**

hope u can get a nice 8085 simulator in this link **broken link removed**

hope u will like his 8085 virtual simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back