Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building a mesh network using CC2420ZDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

danasii

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone have experience working with the CC2420ZDK (CC2420 chip + Atmel atmega 128 micro-controller) ?

Development kit comes with sample code for simple communication between two devices. I am trying to build a mesh network. Can someone give me some direction?

Also, does anyone have used the "Figure 8 Wireless ZigBee Software Development Suite" from Figure 8? Does it handle the network management for multiple nodes?

Thank you.

cc2430dk zigbee

I have worked with CC2430DK and it was fine.

cc2430ZDK was a bit expensive for me, I believe the chipcon support team will help you out.

And as far as I know, they do support mesh networking.

freescale mc1319

Do you know if there is a free/charged lib for mesh networking?

Or any reference / algorithm to perform multiple node networking?

Thanks

cc2430 network management

Hey I am also working on Zigbee. Earlier I have also decided to work on TI CC2420/2430. But the stack, Software for Mesh network is not freely available for TI. and one more thing is Availability of IC!! TI is no longer providing cc2430 till the end of this year. Also the previous version of TI/figure8 stack was full of bugs, they are working on it and the new stack will be available shortly. I am working on Freescale MC13191 zigbee chips. They provide excellent support for Software as well as hardware development. Zigbee Stack, SMAC soft, network software is freely available from freescale. Just check out about the availability of ICs from TI.

msstate_lrwpan

I believe it is.

The follwoing information is based on a device running the Zigbee-subset/IEEE 802.15.4 wireless stack, named MSSTATE_LRWPAN. Version 0.1 of the stack provides support for coordinator/router/RFD nodes, tree routing, direct messaging, and indirect messaging using static binding.

The simplest possible program for a Coordinator node is to form the network and then enter an infinite loop that runs the stack by calling apsFSM(). Routers can also be made to join the network, then run the stack.

Whilst running the stack, the packets will be routed automatically through that particular device.

If your application is meant to run on a coordinator, then the LRWPAN_COORDINATOR preprocessor definition must be defined in the project IDE file. If your application is meant to run on a router, then the LRWPAN_ROUTER preprocessor definition must be defined in the project IDE file. If neither of these are defined, then the application is assumed to be running on an RFD node. The differences between the three node types are:
 Coordinator: forms the network via aplFormNetwork(), has a short address of 0, routes packets and handles indirect message reflection. Other nodes can join the coordinator node as neighbors. User applications can run on a coordinator node, but if the network traffic is heavy, this may interfere with the Coordinators stack functions of routing and indirect message reflection. There is only one coordinator node in the network.
 Router: joins a network via aplJoinNetwork(), has a short address assigned by its parent, and routes packets. Other nodes can join a router node as neighbors. User applications can run on a router node, but if the network traffic is heavy, this may interfere with the routers ability to route packets. There can be multiple router nodes in the network.
 RFD: joins a network via aplJoinNetwork(), has a short address assigned by its parent. A RFD node stacks function only transmits and receives packets for the users application; the stack has no other tasks (except for handling messages to the Zigbee Zero Endpoint device, which is true for all nodes).

Contact Chipcon for more info.

Re: Zigbee

Did you guys see this?If not enough, contact the chipcon support.

For my freescale MC1319 based Zigbee star network, I need only an co-ordinator and several End Devices. So do i need to use full Zigbee stack and some complicated MAC implementation software for that?? I asked to freescale, they told that the n/w witout Routers may be implemented by using only a part of the complicated Stack. you dont have to use whole protocol stack. Is it so??

I believe it is. I also used part of the stack and it worked fine. By the way, what is this freescale MC1319.

Did you guys find CC2430's chip?

Hey I told you earlier that cc2430 chip is no longer available from TI. They hav 3000 orders pending and they are going to reconstruct it as it was having bugs before. the chip will not be available till the end of Sept 2007. So i have decided to work on Freescale Zigbee chips.

Zigbee

Do anyone have additional docs or sample code for this project? (CC2420 & ATmega128)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back