Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is IQ Modulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

CQCQ

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
iq modulation

what is IQ Modulation? two signals I and Q? THS!
cqcq.

i q modulation

After calculating digital I and Q data from the baseband message signal, there are two methods of converting this data into an analog RF signal. The first method involves converting I and Q data into analog signals, then feeding them into a quadrature encoder. There, they control the amplitudes of two oscillators, operating 90 degrees out of phase. The output of these oscillators is summed, resulting in an RF signal with the appropriate amplitude, phase, and frequency.

The next method of converting digital I and Q data to analog RF performs the oscillator scaling and summing in the digital domain. That is, digital sinusoids with a phase difference of 90 degrees are scaled by the digital I and Q values, then added together. These digital sinusoids are of a lower frequency than the analog oscillators in the IQ modulation scheme, but still at a significantly higher frequency than the message signal. A digital to analog converter (DAC), which operates at a much higher frequency than the DAC used in IQ modulation, converts the resulting digital waveform to low frequency analog RF. Finally, an analog IF to RF upconverter uses several stages of mixing and filtering to shift the analog RF signal to the desired RF frequency.

Hope this helps you.

i&q modulation

Hi

Just a basic clarification in addition to the explaination above

I - in phase
Q - quadrature (90 deg phase shift)

flyhigh

i-q modulation

Hello!

I/Q Modulation is also Quadrature Modulation in Digital Modulation.

i and q modulation

RatanaRETH said:
Hello!

I/Q Modulation is also Quadrature Modulation in Digital Modulation.

Inphase/Quadrature = I/Q and sloppy calls for Quadrature Modulation in digital world...

And color subcarries in television have analog IQ-modulation , so this is not at new idea only for digital comunications and modems

modulation iq

for a short goo reference, you can refer to "RF Microelectronic" from B.Razavi, Chapter 2.

rf iq

This is really good.....check this out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back