Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

proximity-coupled patch antenna with slotted ground in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

allendingjun

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
proximity coupled patch antenna

Hi,

I got a problem recently as below:

How to simulate a proximity-coupled microstrip patch antenna with a slot in the ground?

I have compared the results simulated by IE3D, Designer and CST , but only the result (VSWR) of Designer is a little similar to the measured result.

The paper and the CST model are attached, and I hope someone can help out of the problem.

Thanks!

Re: proximity-coupled patch antenna with slotted ground in C

Hi allendingjun,

I simulated once aperture-coupled antenna structures using Momentum. In order to avoid backward radiation an additional ground plane was used under the feedline. I tried to define same kind of structures in CST but could not define a slot layer as in Momentum.
I assume that the same type of problem is present in your design. Also, I think you define the port on a very large area, you should decrease that area or define the port as Discrete.

Regards,
rinox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back