Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Communication over telephone line "Data Transfer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarungupta83

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,

Can some body help me in modem selection.
Actually the problem is making "data tranfer between two devices" serial communication over telephone line between two remote devices.

As in simple scinareo i should have used RS485 for serial communication which dosnt work for more than 1.2Km. But the distance is still larger than this around 25 Km. So now how can i communicate between two devices placed at remote distance around 25km far away from each other.

So i found out that communication done with the help of telephone line would help me. But right now i am unable to find some modem which could communicate with other modem and i could tranfer data on that line.

PLZ HELP ME IN THIS RESPECT

With Regards
Tarun Gupta

how you are planning to do wire run???

Also just idea use land line phone line at one end and use cell phone as modem on anathere end, and communicate from PSTN to celluar network...

Good lack

Re: Communication over telephone line "Data Transfer&am

You can use regular voice modem to communicate between two devices placed at remote distance around 25km far away from each other.

What is your problem?

Are you using PC? PCAnywhere can handle the task very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back