Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with getting good radiation pattern of PIFA in IE3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayanthi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all
i have tried many PIFA structures in that ,i can able to achieve good return loss (near 1 db),good bandwidth (around 730Mhz),even efficiency around 85 to 90%,but iam not able to get good radiation pattern(that is iam getting back lobes).for the mobile applications the required radition pattern is near omnidirectional in azumithal plane. but iam not geting that.herewith iam enclosing my geo.file.kindly see the radiation pattern of this enclosed geo file and suggest me that how to rectify my radition pattern problem.i know that the finite ground plane affect the radiation pattern .but what is the remidy for that.suggest me sir please!
thanking you
jayanthi

Re: reg-PIFA in IE3D

Hi, Jayanthi:

I will check your structure later since I am not in the office.

Best regards,

to jian

hi sir
Thanks for your reply.please send me the suggestion to achieve the near omni directional pattern for PIFA circuits.
with regards
jayanthi

Hi, Jayanthi:

I checked your model. It is ok. The pattern is not complete omni-directional. However, given the structure, it is like that.

There is a dip at theta = 90 degrees. It is caused by the infinite extended substrate. If you use finite substrate, the dip will be gone while the overall pattern shape is still like that.

It is impossible to get complete omni-directional while you can optimize it to make it closer to omni-directional. You have to change the shapes. You certainly can use optimizer to do it on IE3D. Regards.

Best regards,

hi sir
herewith iam enclosing another geo file.here the radiation pattern is bidectional becoz i placed the radiating patch at the center of the ground plane.and i enclosed my radiation pattern also.why at the middle part there is no radiation.if i want to have the radiation pattern in that middle side also,what correction i have to do in that geometry
thanking you
jayanthi

Hi, Jayanthi:

I will get back to you later after I have time to check your structure. I am in a conference right now. Regards.

Added after 1 hours 29 minutes:

Hi, Jayanthi:

The reason for the dip in the pattern at some phi angles is due to the large size of the finite ground plane. If you reduce the size of the ground plane to not much bigger than the patch, y ou will be able to get a pattern closer to omni-direction. Please see attached revised geometry file.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back