Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

development board & starter kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
breadboard starter kit

what is microcontroller development board
what is starter kit for microcontroller

there is not much difference.
1. developmen kit
this is used for the prototype development
eg.AT90S2313 Development Board
2.this is used for the getting profeciency eith the device.

They have a similar purpose.

You will have a socket for placing your microcontroller. Different peripherals such as LEDs, 7-segment displays, keypad, LCD, switches etc. will be present on the kit.

The purpose is to ease the development of microcontroller based projects; so that you can focus on programming rather than plugging different i/o devices and wiring on a bread-board.

Once, you are done with your design and found it to be error-free. You can move on, and design a PCB that holds only your required I/O devices eg. LCD and keypad as well as the programmed microcontrller.

Hope this helps.

There is no difference between the two. They are one and the same things.

Even definition of terminologies vary person to person. So, there can be difference of opinion between authors upon definition of various terminologies.

If you really try to get the difference, I think it will just complicate the things and confuse you more. So, better stay away from such confusing things.

thanks zeesn....am sayin .........understand that starter kit and development board got are for same purpose...............

1.what is Evaluation board?
2.is starter kit and learning board are same?
3.what is the difference in programmer,debugger,emaluater?
4. what is Jtag ICE(in circuit emaluater)tool,and ICP(in circuit programming)writer? how it differs
in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.