Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hardware board design.. beginner. how to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s45

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hardware board design

Hello,

I am an electronics graduate and I wish to learn hardware board design. I would like to learn High speed board design, schematic entry, signal integrity and prototype testing.

How shall i begin? Whats the flow of board design?. Please let me know some pointers or web resources.

Thanks

pcb design beginners

s45 said:
I would like to learn High speed board design, schematic entry, signal integrity and prototype testing.

Did you not have to do all this in your EE program?

Your question is vague are you saying you would like to specialize in some specific "hardware"? If so what hardware, this could mean virtually anything.

There are usually specific testing procedures for devices "standards" "regulations" etc. These would depend on what you are building and what the person who's paying you wants.

For high speed design look into "RF" Microwave communications f>1GHz.

bryan young schematic

its good to have such interest in learnin
but dont look in the broader sense
first conifne yourelf to the end application
then proceed with requirements like what should be the inputs and outout needed
once you are out of it next go to the design where you will be dealing with schematics and even signal integrity it depends
you can do these with some trial version softwares
and as you proceed step by step you come with component placement , PCB design and testing guide lines
its a long process, you can try if your are interested
every thing starts from a small step...

bye
som

hardware board design books

First of all get the book, High speed digital design: Ahnd book of black magic. its available in EDA board. Its a v good book on PCB design and the like. Cadence website offers a lot of tutorials and it will help you in grasping the design flow.. Try to get a copy of Orcad to get to know the practical aspects .. All the best!

how to start a hardware design company

apart from Black magic , DIgitail signa integrity by brian young will be helpful.. I think it is available in eda.........

pcb for beginners

are you want to be a PCB designer, or hardware designer?

learn hardware designing

Iouri

Sometimes to be a good PCB designer you need to be able to tell those hardware guys what to do :D

Package sizes, woltage & power ratings, temperature curves..... todays PCB designer has to be enabled to deal with hardware design basics at least to be able to optimise a design or make it cost effective.

:F

hardware board design process

This is an old thread, but the question is still relevant.

For signal Integrity and High Speed PCB Design follow the book "Signal Integrity for PCB Designers" available for about $35 on amazon. Eric Bogatin's "Signal Integrity Simplified" is also a good source but a bit expensive.

For learning the Hardware design follow schematics design tutorials in http://referencedesigner.com/tutorials/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back