Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in RS485 communication demultiplexing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirriyaz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I'm searching for a specific device which can take two input RS485 communication lines (IN/OUT) and gives out 12 set of same connections (IN/OUT), such that when a device is absent on anyone set of output the communication is not effected, that is to say there is no break in signal path.
I hope that my problem is clear, I have searched the net for some specific 2X24 Mux/DeMux but could'nt find any. Any help would be appreciated.

thanx in advance.

I do not understand the problem. RS-485 can always work if one node is not present. That is because the devices are "in parallel" on the bus, not "in series".
As long as there are two nodes on the bus you can have communication between the two. Then you can add more. Of course, you need to use multidropping in order to be able to talk to a specific device on the bus.

I agree with VVV. I had already designed some RS485 transceiver chips and have some experience.
One standart RS485 transmitter support up to 32 U.L. (1 unit load = 1 RS485 receiver). Some parts support up to 256 U.L. It's not problem to set 12 transceivers on the bus. According to bus topology u can select full-duplex either half-duplex transceivers.
For get an advise see application notes on
maxim-ic.com or
national.com

Status
Not open for further replies.