Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

INPUT level activated audio amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqas5304

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
level activated input

HI
i have designed a audio amplifier using LM386 IC.its working fine but the problem is the amplifier is ON all the time, due to which a very low hiss is audable is headset.i want that that LM386 gets ON only when a certian level of signal is detected on its input.i want that when a certain level of signal is detected on input of LM386 the amplifier should get ON.this wil help me in two things one power saving and second elemination of NOise.
kindly if someone knows help me post me a circuit or guide me

lm386 hiss noise

Is the amp hissing because it is just on or is it fed with noise causing the hissing when there is no signal? Just switching power to the LM386 on and off in a squelch manner may produce a pop in the headset which may be more annoying.

hi
sorry i am late because i thought that no one is intrested in replying . basically it is hissing.i want to get rid of this hiss noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.