Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

changing digits sevent segment

Status
Not open for further replies.

gie_b_hsb

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please help me everybody , how to convert or change digits number from 9.99.999 to 9.59.999, this digits i used on the counter circuit, i used six HCC40110B (DECADE UP-DOWN COUNTER/DECODER/LATCH/DRIVER)......:cry:

thank's for all your hepl.

rgrds,

gie

is this for something like a clock circuit?
I don't know exactly the specifications of that IC, but you can make the second digit of minutes/seconds reset when it reaches 6. You can do it with logic gates, for example..

yes, it's a clock circuit? can you give to me modificaton.....?

One option is to connect segments F, E, D, C and G of the second digit to 8-input NAND gate (the remaining 3 inputs connected to +5V) followed by a timer which, when trigged, will generate a short reset pulse ..
8-input NAND => CD4068 (CMOS) or 7430(TTL) ..
timer => CD4528(CMOS) or 74121(TTL) ..

Regards,
IanP

Gie,

The easiest way to this is to use a couple of diodes.
Arrange them so they form a nand gate and use them
to reset the main counter.

MAKeller

I don't think you can generate a short reset pulse with just a couple of diodes ..
You need more than that .. see attached example ..

Regards,
IanP

Ian,

I have to agree with Borber, you CAN make a
NAND gate out with just a few diodes.

MAKeller

Be careful with CARRY (pin 10) - CLK UP (pin 9) connection from CD40110 B to 40110 A, reset (pin 5) 40110 B will not count up 40110 A!

See the complete circuit below

8_1166327665.gif

for all everybody i'm very many thank's for your solution, i think's i should be trying one by one...so that i can finding which match.....

rgrds,

gie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back