Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which Embedded Processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedsalah00

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,
I want to start a SCADA system project and I want to select an industrial embedded processor (not a microcontroller) for this purpose. We will have not more than 10 analog inputs and not more than 50 I/O and 2 channels of serial communication. We haven't detemined yet our speed requirments but we want to use something that is fast enough. Which Embedded Processor do you suggest to use?

please consider in your selection the ease of construction and integration with industrial modules and the possibility to use RTOS.

pic will solve your prob which has adc , eeprom,lcd controller,dac,ram, serial port, usb,and more matarial on net.
what is your opinion about Embedded Processor?

Thanks manish, Actually I am not searching for a microcontroller to do the Job , But I need a microprocessor: 386, pentimum , ...
I need this type of industrial processors with Which I can plug DAQ cards or I/O cards. But I dont have any experience in the selection process

please help !!

Go fro PowerPC from AIM alliance or Tricore from infenion, they are very powefull, fast ,reliable and widely used in industry.

Thanks yasser , it seems that you are from Egypt, do you have any idea about the distributors of this in Egypt ?

Unfortunately theses devices are not available in the local market, usually such devices are imported from abroad.

check https://www.infineon.com/cgi-bin/ifx/portal/ep/channelView.do?channelId=-64421&pageTypeId=17099 for tricore.

For powerPC i can recommend you to get a Xilinx Virtex FPGA whic contains a hardcored PowerPC processor inside it, so you have the ability to add your own peripherals and create your own system. I know it is costs a lot but it will give you good experience.
Another solution is to get a Spartan3E FPGA and uses EDK from Xilinx to generate MicroBlaze processor (32bit processor), This processor is softcore and can be easily configured.
For both PowerPC & Microblae you can use UCLinux to create an OS image and download it on the processor, this will make developing your software much easier.

Good Luck.
Yasser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back