Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is the best softwre for multi-layer PCB design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanout

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tom hausher

Which is the best softwre for multi-layer PCB design?

best pcb design software

You can use EDWinXP for that........it supports multi layer PCB Design and export to ODB++ FORMAT

Fanout

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

You should go for higher end tools like Pads & Allegro,its features are ultimate for any high speed designs(multilayers).

Allegro constraint settings are really gud and then its not user friendly as Pads.

Now,if your looking for speed and efficiency,i would suggest you to go for Pads rather then allegro,As every software have their own limitation,Choose the software for your designs,whether its lower end or higher end.Hope this will help you.

Last but not least,when you post ur query be very specific about what ur looking for,so we can have better insight of the subject and address the same to you.

Best Regards

Ramesh

Added after 41 minutes:

This was the views from Mr Tom Hausher from a different forum.

Here are the CAD Tools in order of popularity (Number of Seats installed) and design complexity -
Mentor Expedition
Cadence Allegro
Zuken CR5000
Mentor Board Station
Mentor PADS Layout
Altium Designer
Zuken CADSTAR
Altium P-CAD
OrCAD Layout
Electronics Workbench Ultiboard
Intercept Pantheon
Pulsonix
CADInt
Eagle

Some people will disagree and say that P-CAD has more features than CADSTAR, but P-CAD is dead and CADSTAR is still alive and new features being added.

Some might say that Pantheon is just below Mentor Board Station, but the Pantheon User Base is small.

Mentor Board Station is becoming obsolete, so it really should be further down the list, but there are still 1000's of installations that are still in use.

Regards

Ramesh

Hi,

Please take care of the following message.

Announcement: Stop the is xxx software is better than xxx software topicz

Hi
Almost of the software has multilayer design capability.
But in my opinion the crucial factor on choosing is based on how better the package can handle constraint & facelity to autoroute & Signal Integrity.Nowdays all the multilayer boards are highly constrained & the package should be able to handle it.

Dear All;

I need to Reverse 12 layer PCB then modify it , I have it's gerber files . but i need to make it quickly . IS there is tool able to merge between two PCB file to able me and my friend to work in parallel " eatch one drow 6 layers" then merge the tow files or work in the same file through network.

thanks

I like PowerPCB 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back