Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help : about virtuoso display issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Areky_qin

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, guys, could you have meet the virtuoso display issues?
I get the GDS file and technology file, but have not get the display file,
so I copy a display file that I used past, but when I steam in, the tool show,
there need the display file to merge, that means, the layout don't show the right colours, and give me defult colour, all the yellow, when I find the CIW--display file resource management and merge the virtuoso tool's display file and which I used in past, but it can not work too? How can I do?

I cannot get the corresponding display file that stream out the GDS file I worked.

seems not the right place to put this question, suggest you go to some EDA software board for answers.

you can compile a new display.drf file and attach..

after streaming in the GDS you need to attach the existing techfile which you have used ie before opening the layout,if you do so then it won't show the same colour for all layers.you keep one display.drf file constant.
Then you can open your layout and you see the layers will be shown in different colours.

kumard35b said:
you can compile a new display.drf file and attach..

after streaming in the GDS you need to attach the existing techfile which you have used ie before opening the layout,if you do so then it won't show the same colour for all layers.you keep one display.drf file constant.
Then you can open your layout and you see the layers will be shown in different colours.

I think i faced similar problem before, but to assure, please clarify what do u mean by different colours?

Another thing, how to compile/attach the display.drf file? (Steps please).

Finally, what does the tech file include exactly (briefly)

Thanks in advance,
Ahmad,

just for the layer color, in the technology file you can find :
( METAL1 drawing cyandot4_S t t t t t )
,and if the "cyandot4_S" is defined in your display file, the color of METAL1 will display correctly. if not, tool will give you default color.
may help to you
BR

qingliliu said:
just for the layer color, in the technology file you can find :
( METAL1 drawing cyandot4_S t t t t t )
,and if the "cyandot4_S" is defined in your display file, the color of METAL1 will display correctly. if not, tool will give you default color.
may help to you
BR

great answer,how do you know this

the display you copied might be for other tech file.
if u dont have the appropriate display, u can edit it in the LSW.
click edit -> display resource editor.
pop-up window will appear. in it, u can change the fill style, fill color, outline color, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back