Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with pattern recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmriso

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to extract some features from two images in Matlab. The first image is a black and white picture of an apple and the second is of a bat. I'm trying to see if all the combined features can linearly separate the two classes but not sure if my steps are correct.

I used the command regionprops to extract each feature (solidity, circularity, eccentricity).
I put each feature in a matrix Y=[solidity; circularity; eccentricity] for the apple and put the bat features in another variable Z.
That is where I think I went wrong. I'm not sure if I am suppose to put those features into a matrix like that.
Anyways, next I already have a pre-programmed perceptron algorithm that I ran to see if they are linearly separable but it seems like it doesn't reach a conclusion.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back