Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create variable input level front-end circuit for LA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnG300c

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.

I'm designing a MAXII-based device that will record timestamped data from a number of serial links. The idea is to upload this data via a FX2LP and display it in a PC application. I would like to be able to have a large, via software programmable input trigger range in the signal so it directly can be used for TTL and RS232 for example. The signal rate should be in the 4 Mbps rate to be able to capture very fast serial communication.

The question is: Are there any standard parts that would do this or will i have to create my own front-end using OP-amps? Will the OP-amps be fast enough for this application?

I do have a LogicPort (PcTestInstruments.com) Logic analyzer and it allows the input trigger level to be adjusted between -6V to 6V in 50mV increments. I took it apart but could not really figure out how it works. The Logicport uses an Altera Cyclone FPGA which has standard LVTTL input levels.

Thanks,
/John.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back