Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drawing PCB connections with UV

Status
Not open for further replies.

izua

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm having a hard-time with drawing my pcbs with markers, since whenever i'm etching, one face ends up etched, and another one good. Someone told me there's a method about "drawing" the connections with uv (and i believe a mask). What should i consider aquiring for this method? I do have a small UV lamp.

thanks.

UV and PCBs

or you could also used iron on transfer papers

UV and PCBs

but seriusly, i've tried both(UV n transfer paper)..and personally I like the UV method better..search the forum, ppl already discussed on this topic..

Re: UV and PCBs

I've tried ironing yesterday on glossy paper, and it failed :/ Is there any other DIY method to make PCBs, except uv and ironing?

Most likely you don't try hard enough. See my post in this thread.

izua said:
I've tried ironing yesterday on glossy paper, and it failed :/ Is there any other DIY method to make PCBs, except uv and ironing?

what type of paper? printer type? print setting?ironing time?..dude, it took me a couple of times to get the formula rite..

photo paper.
well, i've ironed 'em - one for 5 minutes, another for half an hour, and the last one, i let it alone, with the ironing machine over it for 2 hours. none works (but the last one did stank, and was really hot). each time i tried with both my old inkjet, and a laser from a friend. laser didn't work, but my inkjet (a lexmark z11) made some small tiny traces in the first two tries.

Just a tip for you guys, if you're doing PCB the "ironing" way, print the PCB pattern in laser in greyscale mode (much darker) on a photo paper (plain paper will also work try it) iron on the copper side until marks of the PCB pattern reveals some of its traces on the back of photopaper (or plain paper) do this by applying pressure pressing on the PCB. After yer done, put it quickly on a lukewarm water with detergent solution, wait for the paper to be soften before peeling and then etch it.

try using an iron(for ironing) which is temperature controlled......set it to max and use it

Status
Not open for further replies.