Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts about circuit design as a simple bell circuit works only underwater

Status
Not open for further replies.

purifier

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a bell... I was just testing the bell not by shorting the terminals, but by immersing the terminals inside water. The bell doesn't give out a sound. But if I put one of the terminals to a small steel piece and then immerse it inside water along with the other terminal, then it gives out a sound. What is happening here? Can someone help me figure it out?

Some Circuit Doubt

Probably when you insert the terminals directly inside water the resistance between two trigger terminals is sufficient enough to prevent the trigger. But when you add small steel piece to the terminal, basically you are decreasing the resistance by increasing contact area.

You might be able to trigger it without steel piece if you remove more insulation from your terminal wires.

Re: Some Circuit Doubt

on more suggestion is add some impurites to water(like salt dust etc) you it will be got triggered in both with steel and without steel.

Some Circuit Doubt

I won't be able to add any impurities to the water, but I guess I'll go with attaching a small metal piece and then I'll check it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.