Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog and Digital Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Analog for sure if you want a career. If you want money than go to the company which offers you the best.

you will have good experience in both in some point of your life
so starting with the one that is more interesting in a company offering a better future is more exciting, sure you can switch between departments if there are opportunities

i guess you would die young if you are in analog;)
hehe
if you wanna live till u'r 100, go for digital

salma ali bakr said:
you will have good experience in both in some point of your life
so starting with the one that is more interesting in a company offering a better future is more exciting, sure you can switch between departments if there are opportunities

i guess you would die young if you are in analog;)
hehe
if you wanna live till u'r 100, go for digital

it's horrible!

Analog design. Digital design is easier. So begin with Analog design and it will be easier for you to change to digital design or mixed.

i guess you would die young if you are in analog

If some analog designer die young, then he is not a good analog designer. Designing an analog circuit just like designing your life. You want a high gain of the amplifier, and at the same time you must ensure good stability. It is the same when you designing you life, you should know how to balance between work, health, family, and so on. Banlance is just the soul of analog design, right? And this is also the reason why i love analog design, it is the rule of the nature.

both analog and digital is important in today technology, analog application is not that much to understand but quite difficult,,,but digital is very large area and quite easy,,, or you can combine to be mixed signal,

i guess it all depends on your interests...dont worry about salary as of now as a fresher....as in vlsi if u have exp. u have money.........sop go 4 it n explore more.............

Hi, badboy2007,

Good slides, thank you! Do you know who is the author? (Looks like Sedra.)

IF u will financially after 5 years .I don't think there will be much difference in salary.
In digital design u should be mathematical person But in Analog design u should be analytical.In digital there are sufficient manpower so completion is more But in Analog field there are very less peoples so u will be in demanding position after 2 years.So after 5 years average income will be more in analog design

It depends your interest and your backgroud. If you have taken enough circuits courses in school, I think analog is your better choice. but you should know that both analog and digital design could give you good salary after 5 years. if you work hard to learn. :)

The difference between digital and analog design is disappearing
(see the attachment).

Analog is better, but you have to work harder.......

analog is more interesting,although it will cover less areas in a chip.

The difference between salary of analog and digital designers is not big and depends from experience. In compant I work the salary is equal

You Need to master atleast one (analog or digital )

Hi everyone, i prefer analog.
One question guys:

I´ve just finished a master in IC design, i´m trying to join a analog IC design company, for an analog layout position, my question is, how much is the salary for a Jr. Engineer like me doing analog layout??

It does not matter which area you choose. It depends on the area you can keep your interste for longer time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back